Centennial Contractors Enterprises - Decline of Centennial Contractors | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Centennial Contractors Enterprises

"Decline of Centennial Contractors"

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I started working for Centennial in 2006, the organization had a strong employee centered culture.

Cons

The company was sold to an international concern and you could slowly see the focus shift from striving for quality to improving the bottom line. All conferences and the majority of training were lost and the pressure was on to insure that the forecasts were met at all cost. It went from a company that strove for excellence and customer satisfaction to nothing more than a cash cow to be milked for all it was worth.

Advice to Management

Work to slow the drastic loss of corporate personnel.

Other Employee Reviews for Centennial Contractors Enterprises

1. "Very difficult internship"

Former Intern - Intern in Quantico, VA
    Former Intern - Intern in Quantico, VA

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Office had very talented and experienced people. Often able to make my own hours as an intern. Very casual but professional environment.

Cons

I felt corporate forced an intern (me) on the office. Some of the management acted as though I was an inconvenience (forgot when my start day was, never provided me a desk, computer or many basic supplies).

2. "Growth opportunities are available at Centennial."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time

Pros

Centennial has given me the ability to grow and move up in the company. I started with Centennial in the summer of 1999 as an intern. Since then I have moved my way up into a senior position within the Western Region. Centennial values, and encourages, an employee’s continued education; as they have supported me in obtaining my PE, LEED AP and PMP. They also provide assistance in maintaining these certifications. If you are willing to work hard, want to learn, and embrace the company’s culture, you will grow.

Cons

No cons to report; no job is always perfect. I do know that when challenges arise, the team I work with each day is there to help.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the employees; they are what make Centennial the contractor of choice for our clients.