Center For Drug Free Living - Great clients, lousy pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Center For Drug Free Living

"Great clients, lousy pay."

Pros

The clients are great to work with.

Cons

The pay rate is poor.

Advice to Management

Increase your rate of pay for Masters level clinicians and you will decrease your turnover rate.

Other Employee Reviews for Center For Drug Free Living

1. "Program specialist"

Former Employee - Program Specialist in Intercession City, FL
    Former Employee - Program Specialist in Intercession City, FL

I worked at Center For Drug Free Living full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overtime was always available, good Christmas bonus and great teamwork with staff.

Cons

I was there for seven years and only received a .45cent raise. It was a very stressful job.

2. "What You Would Expect"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Orlando, FL
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Center For Drug Free Living as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The CFDFL is exactly what you expect when working in drug treatment. There is the ability to make a profound impact in the lives of those who need the help. You have many people who have been working for the company for years, which is impressive considering the burnout risk in this profession. There are amazing people with huge hearts who pour more than the 9-5 into their day and give their everything to just make a small impact in someone who is ready for it. As an intern, I felt appreciated and nurtured to explore my skills. I was praised for my work and I had counselors who were 20 years into the profession, humble enough to ask me about something I had done or a conceptualization of a client they wanted feedback on. It's nice to work in an environment without [too] many egos.

Cons

Like in most mental health an substance abuse treatment centers, people are haggard. They are tired. They've seen even the most hopeful cases relapse. There is a lot of burnout and a certain amount of learned helplessness. They are constricted by the model they are allowed to use for clients - managed care and insurance. The facilities are not always in great shape.

Advice to Management

Innovate.