Center for American Progress - Fantastic internship - learned a lot, gained experience, made great connections. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Center for American Progress

"Fantastic internship - learned a lot, gained experience, made great connections."

I worked at Center for American Progress as an intern

Pros

I was a summer intern at CAP, and it was a great, experience. I was given substantive, interesting work, starting from my first week, and was steadily given more responsibility (and more interesting work) over time. I was given multiple chances to help research and write articles that were published in a number of media outlets, and got multiple bylines on those articles, both for work I did almost entirely independently and for projects where I was not the main contributor. The atmosphere was consistently energetic, fun, and encouraging.

Cons

The intern stipends, while certainly better than nothing, are not enough to live on in Washington, DC; for most people, they weren't even enough to pay the rent. This was an understandable side effect of having 90 interns at a nonprofit, and the internship was still definitely worth it, but it did make the experience fairly expensive.

Other Employee Reviews for Center for American Progress

1. "An incredible hotbed of thought and creativity."

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Center for American Progress as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers
    Brilliant fellows
    Great work environment
    Excellent networking opportunities
    Huge intern program

Cons

The intern work spaces are small, but makes for a really tight-knit intern group

Advice to Management

none

"My time at the Center for American Progess was great."

Pros

The work is meaningful and creative. The online capability is solid and there's room for improvement.

Cons

The management isn't flexible and is often stuck in the past --this is only from an online angle.