Center for Family Services - Great place to work....pay NOT the best... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Center for Family Services

"Great place to work....pay NOT the best..."

Current Employee - Administrative in Camden, NJ
Current Employee - Administrative in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Center for Family Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very caring about your family. This agency cares about the personal needs of its employees. If you have a sick child, you are not left to feel guilty for taking off. Management cares about your personal well being.

Cons

The work load increases and the pay does not. Employees are expected to go above and beyond and we are not compensated for our efforts. Raises have not been given in over 4 years, but the workload increases. Many of the resources needed to complete our job is limited. You are expected to perform at a certain level, but there are so many things (computers, etc.) preventing you from delivering services at your best. Human Resources is horrible!

Advice to Management

If you see something isn't working, change the strategy. I've seen great employees leave that have dedicated many years with the agency. Not because they didn't like their job, but because they didn't feel appreciated. The larger CFS becomes, the less appreciated we feel. It becomes about everything else. The money spent on staff events would rather much be put in our pockets, especially since our salaries have not increased.

Other Employee Reviews for Center for Family Services

1. "Mental health therapist"

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Center for Family Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very caring atmosphere and relaxed work environment

Cons

Salaries are low with no yearly raises

2. "High turnover"

Pros

There are opportunities to move to another job within the agency. There are some people who care about helping people.

Cons

The pay is low, and the workload is high. A lot of people leave because of not having raises and an increasing workload.

Advice to Management

Find a way to pay all employees more so that quality people will stay and feel appreciated.