Center for Strategic and International Studies - An amazing experience with a diverse group of brilliant, diverse people coming together to solve world problems. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Center for Strategic and International Studies

"An amazing experience with a diverse group of brilliant, diverse people coming together to solve world problems."

Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC
Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Center for Strategic and International Studies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to many different issues, people, topics and opportunities. They like hiring from within and the internship program is regarded are very prestigious. Interns are treated the same as employees and are given their own tasks and projects throughout their time there.

Cons

It can be very long hours and research-heavy. Expect to clock a solid amount of hours and be able to handle a deadline work environment

Advice to Management

n/a

Other Employee Reviews for Center for Strategic and International Studies

1. "Intern--Didn't have too many responsibilities :("

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

Great international reputation, intelligent leadership, access to so many awesome DC conferences and events held right at the Center, cool experience to highlight on resume

Cons

I wanted to take on more responsibilities and projects than were given to me. During the summer DC can become kind-of a ghost town where real work isn't really prioritized. I felt a bit trapped by this and by the fact that there were several other younger interns in my department who got there first and were given more work than me. I just wish I could have taken away more from the experience than I did.

Advice to Management

Utilize the interns better. Even if there isn't a current project to do, give them some research work or a small report to write in order to keep on top of current events.

2. "great place to make a difference"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Center for Strategic and International Studies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The organization values and empowers its staff, treats them fairly, and challenges them. It focuses on policy-relevant scholarship with thorough and well-articulated analysis and practical recommendations for our country's leaders. It is forward-thinking, anticipating and indeed welcoming change, and it takes its bipartisanship and its integrity seriously.

Cons

I am unable to articulate any major weaknesses at this point, although I am still very new to CSIS so perhaps I will be able to do so later.

Advice to Management

You have a fantastic organization - keep taking care of your people, empowering them and allowing them to flourish!