Centerline Capital Group - beware of incompetent senior management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Centerline Capital Group

"beware of incompetent senior management"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

Pros

good location. that's about it.

Cons

management is always a step behind from where they should be. the company does not have the risk management policies in place that a company of its size requires. there was no restraint in lending in the good days. no processes or limits. this led to the company's decline and current financial state. promotions in the firm appear to be based on who you know. layoffs are frequent which has resulted in low morale.

Advice to Management

have a more defined strategy and goal and actually stick to it

Other Employee Reviews for Centerline Capital Group

1. "An Overall Good Company."

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

The company is conveniently located in Mid-town manhattan. For the most part the people are very friendly and helpful. It does appear that they reward individuals who show growth and leadership potential. There is definitely value in the research and suggestions that are made within my department and it provides a sense of value.

Cons

Work appears to be disproportionately distributed in my department. It also seems as though the salary for the work level both in terms of quantity and analytical are quite below the market salary average. Communications is another weak point here, management needs to provide a greater level of transparency behind some of the decisions and its daily operations.

Advice to Management

At this time I have no feedback to give to Senior Management.

2. "Job with Centerline"

I worked at Centerline Capital Group full-time

Pros

I found my time with Centerline gave me very valuable experience that I then found to be helpful as I continued onto later stages of my career after finishing my time with the firm.

Cons

As with any position, there are always things that may not have been preferable or exactly the things I might have chosen, as was true with Centerline. As with most jobs, it was often a fair amount of work and time commitment required.

Advice to Management

Having not been a manager for very long, I don't know how best to give advice to management, though i would hazard to say that sometime I wish their were more organization then maybe I saw at all times with the firm.