Centerplate - Great people, Team atmosphere | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Centerplate

"Great people, Team atmosphere"

Current Employee - Catering Sales in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Catering Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been with CP for two months but from what I can see they hire highly competent managers, there is a strong camaraderie between mgmt team members, everyone works for the common goal and really step up to help each other out. The standards of food and beverage quality rival, if not exceed, some of the mid to upper scale restaurants in the area, and I live in a city that is considered a foodie town. The CEO is very passionate about the company from the updates we receive. He also seems to place high value on giving back to the community which is so important wherever you are. It's easier to invest time in a company when greed is not the driving force but instead valuing employees and the communites that surround them. Of course everyone is here to make money and keep our business highly profitable - - but continually taking without giving back typically never works in the long run. I applaud the CEO, Des, for recognizing that in his approach to running a successful company. Thank you!

Cons

The only con I have is I would request to have an improved training /onboard program for new managers.

Advice to Management

Other Employee Reviews for Centerplate

1. "Centerplate cars about the team"

Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Centerplate releaizes that its team members are the reason they are successful. Good company to help you grow in your career. You get to work in the entertainment or sports venues witch adds to the excitement of working. This is a very fast paced and creative world. Very Challenging!

Cons

Very long working days, especially on event days. Not the business for everyone.

2. "The best hospitality company in the world!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Support! I can always reach out to higher management at any time.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None at this time.