Centerplate - A company with broad vision | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Centerplate

"A company with broad vision"

Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager
Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I appreciate that Centerplate works hard to make the most of its guest's experiences. They stand behind what they are trying to accomplish and empower employees to make the vision happen.

Cons

With so many different types of sites (stadiums, convention centers, arenas) that they manage, sometimes corporate can seem distant from day to day operation.

Other Employee Reviews for Centerplate

1. "If nothing else, my experience has shown me what I am truly capable of and the degree to which I can impact my employer."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Centerplate full-time

Pros

fast-paced, engaging, results-oriented executive leadership

Cons

no opportunities to grow, closed-minded managers, favortism

Advice to Management

I am happy to see that the "this is how we've always done it" mindset is going away; however I would like to see more consistency in expectations for all employees, regardless of their rank. Exceptions are made across the board, and not everyone is held to the same standard. It would benefit us to have a stronger human resources department, one that is respected and truly enforces the Centerplate way.

I enjoy reading the updates from Des. This is something that could be reduced to a quarterly newsletter, but it feels good to be kept in the loop and to share in the successes of our sister units.

The numbers speak for themselves! We know what we are doing. As for the work environment, we have to let the our declaration dictate the culture of our unit instead of the culture of the city/employees dictate our unit. We are capable of being so much better than we are!

2. "Centerplate continues it's journey to being the Employer of Choice."

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The organization is not a commodity, nor does it accept the status quo. Centerplate is an organization that allows for autonomy / entrepreneurial leadership in it's management levels.

Cons

Centerplate should continue on it's current path and enhance current systems, processes and learning opportunities. Use learning opportunities to coach it's team members and consistently hold accountable when appropriate.

Advice to Management

Centerplate will need to continue to open all lines of communication, mold behaviors of current and future leaders, clearly articulate the goals/visions of one organization Centerplate - all lines of business, previous and future acquisitions - We are Centerplate - same team.