Central Amusement International - A Great Place to grow a Career within the Theme Park Indsutry | Glassdoor

"A Great Place to grow a Career within the Theme Park Indsutry"

Former Employee - Games Arcade and Retail Manager in Coney Island, NY

I worked at Central Amusement International full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Luna Park in Coney Island was a great place for a young,enthusiastic, and passionate person to learn a lot about the industry. If you have worked in a theme park before than this is going to be everything you expect; long hours, busy summer, dealing with guest services, and developing organic growth ideas. What makes this park different is the doors that can be opened because of the CAI name and Zamperla backing. It's...

Cons

For anyone who has never worked in a theme park before this culture may be a little shocking. You need to be prepared to give up the summer vacations and sacrifice some family time. Coney Island can be a difficult and harsh area at times but you just need to have your guard up at certain times and you will be fine. Finding front line team members with a hard work ethic can also be frustrating. Company needs to invest...

Advice to Management

Leaving the company was one of the hardest things for me because the team really is like a family. Everyone has everyones back and you get to work on multiple projects with many different members of management. Keep building up the park and nothing but great things will come for CAI and Luna Park. I highly recommend anyone who has the opportunity to work here takes it and runs with it!

Central Amusement International2015-10-01

Other Employee Reviews

"Great job for experience amusement park employment!"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Central Amusement International part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Friendly staff, good discounts, fun environment, reasonable hours, good accomadation in beverage and food for hot summer days.

Cons

I can not think of much down sides to this job, only that it got really hot sometimes working rides but we knew what we signed up for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Management is very courteous and understanding when it comes to scheduling and helping their employees.

Central Amusement International2016-07-15

"Company does not care about its employees"

I worked at Central Amusement International full-time

Pros

Free wristbands every month, 50% off lunch

Cons

Extremely long hours, you have to work 50-55 hours every week in the summer if you are full time. The managers do not care about you. No bonus, horrible culture.

Advice to Management

You guys need to appreciate the hard work your employees put out. Stop spending soo much money on expensive lunch for only high executives and spend more time with your employees and value there happiness.

Central Amusement International2018-04-10

Discover more reviews about Central Amusement International.