Central Ohio Primary Care - COPC - Overall Great Place to Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Central Ohio Primary Care

"COPC - Overall Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Overall work environment is good. Once employed, opportunities to move to variuos sites, departments, are often done internally before being posted to the public.

Cons

Some sites are better than others in regards to workloads, levels of stress, personalities to cope with. Same with inner departments, sometimes can be stressful but mostly consistently content overall.

Advice to Management

Happier work environments yield more appreciative workers, higher work volumes and overall satisfaction. There is largely a lack of company wide appreciation activities, outings, special events, food, etc. Also in today's society, the old values of be here on time or your fired, are history. Flex time is really the only way to go. It allows people to not stress out if they are going to be 15 minutes late. Just require them to work during lunch, after their normal time off, require that their full time hours be met. It keeps employees happy and less likely to be as upset over lower wages when you give a simple perk like Flex time. The inclusion of 4-10hr days may not work for all departments, but in some, as long as workloads are not hurt, it's really nice to have.

Other Employee Reviews for Central Ohio Primary Care

"Response to January 12th Review -"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Pros

I don't usually give much credit to negative reviews - it's usually people who have an axe to grind, but after reading the latest review of COPC posted on January 12th, I had to write. I have worked for COPC for several years - longer than the employee who quit obviously posted the January 12th review. COPC is a great company to work for, it has had some growing pains over the years and there have been some rougher times, but never have I felt that it wasn't a great place to work. The benefits are good, most of the leadership cares. We are all human, and mistakes are made, but for the most part we are going in the right direction. I feel comfortable going to my supervisors and those over them - they listen. But, sometimes, they are not able to instantly give results - that's the nature of working for a larger company. The person who wrote this review was never a team player - was very critical and outspoken and sometimes made others quite uncomfortable. Also - this former employee gave a notice, called off work a few days and completely no showed for the last week of their work - not professional. What people do when they are not at work is no one's business - as long as it doesn't interfere with their work and give COPC a bad reputation. There are always rumors and gossip - and I don't feel that the internet is the place to go with that.

I am thankful for my job - I am thankful for the opportunities that I have been given at COPC. Too bad one of our former employees that just left last month after 15 years because he finished his degree and was moving on to his field of study didn't write a review. He hated leaving - and we hated to see him go - he would give a completely different story about his time with this company I am sure.

Bottom line - great place to work - I have no intention of going anywhere else.

Cons

Sometimes I don't think the doctors appreciate all the work that is done by the central office. I wish they would come and see what we do and how hard we work for them.

Advice to Management

Keep working - the changes have been positive and it's a better department than it was 18 months ago.

"COPC could be great if they would lose mediocre middle management."

Current Employee - EHR in Westerville, OH
    Current Employee - EHR in Westerville, OH

I have been working at Central Ohio Primary Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good entry-level pay, good goals and ideals, growing company,

Cons

It's who you know here ....

Senior management are so busy they don't realize that many middle management staff are mediocre and working against the growth they are striving for.

Not much rhyme or reason to job titles, advancement, or pay unless you are a Provider.

Cater too much to spoiled and egotistical physicians and too little to the guys that help keep the operation moving smoothly for said physicians

Not enough black and white when it comes to processes .. many things are left up to each department to decide on.. could be more organized

Advice to Management

Know how to do the jobs of the people you manage. Keep an eye on the middle management- they are good at keeping status quo... Many are just along for the ride- no real drive to improve or grow. It's a shame. Watch out for ones who are undermining other departments to make theirs look better.