Central Park Conservancy - Excellent organization | Glassdoor

"Excellent organization"

Current Employee - Gardener in New York, NY
Current Employee - Gardener in New York, NY

I have been working at Central Park Conservancy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The quality of the park says it all. The field staff is skilled, dedicated and very proud of their work and it shows. From my perspective, all tiers of management are dedicated to one singular goal: providing the park patron with the best park in the world. As a team, we all succeed. Outstanding benefits package, very fair and competitive compensation, opportunity for advancement,supportive management and cooperative co workers make for a great work environment.

Cons

The sheer volume of people creates a challenging work environment but....if it wasn't challenging, it would be boring
Occasionally a few (very few) malcontents infiltrate the organization. The kind that can stand back and admire their excellently pruned redbud while ignoring the rubber glove on the ground or the garbage can askew.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within and Keep doing exactly what you are doing, it's working!

Other Employee Reviews for Central Park Conservancy

"Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technology in New York, NY

I have been working at Central Park Conservancy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits - healthcare, retirement, time off, etc. Pretty good salary for a nonprofit. Fantastic people, and you're doing important work.

Cons

Salary is still a bit less than private sector. Somewhat glacial pace of change, which can be frustrating for someone like me who works in technology.

Advice to Management

It would behoove the organization to spend more time looking at where fundraising sources will be in 5-10-20 years.

"Alot of hard work but cool place to work"

Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Central Park Conservancy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are really friendly and get your mind of the dirty work you have to do

Cons

Picking up trash like used condoms and working in the rain can really makes you wonder sometimes: "Why am I working here?"

Advice to Management

Provide Metrocard discounts to your workers