KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great People

Apr 15, 2022 - Program Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere great place to work around good people.

Cons

Don’t get stuck in one area. Learn to network and move around to gain career advancement.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Customer Service

May 9, 2022 - Customer Service
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule works with my life

Cons

Salary low could do better

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Avoid accepting part time employment here

Jun 17, 2022 - Left Unstated
    Business Outlook

Pros

Schedule flexibility in some roles.

Cons

Part time personnel are of next to no importance here. There is NEVER a raise. After 7 years in my current, highly responsible role I am making 30 cents an hour more than when I started. There is not one benefit offered. Not one day off with pay. We aren't even listed on the organizational chart. We are invisible. The president sends out an annual letter thanking full time employees for their stellar service and acknowledging their contributions to the college, along with an announcements of their small COA raises and an apology that since the raises are minimal, full time workers get an extra 5 days of paid leave. The part timers not only get nothing, but are not even acknowledged as contributors in the letters. It blows my mind. When this administration came into leadership, the whole college went through an expensive and complete rebranding, including repainting all buildings in new colors. Imagine how part time feels when they can't get even a small annual COA raise when so much can be invested in cosmetics. I'd never suggest anyone accept a part time position here unless desperate for employment. Because I'm close to retirement age, I remain rather than starting over somewhere else.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Central Piedmont Community College.

Central Piedmont Community College Photos