Central Restaurant Products - This is a growing company, whose goal is to be the best in our field and to have the best employees to do the job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Central Restaurant Products

"This is a growing company, whose goal is to be the best in our field and to have the best employees to do the job."

Current Employee - Must Keep Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Must Keep Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Good people! This company has it's ups and downs as well as any company. Per the March 11, 2009 review it is not true. There are 4 female managers. Not just one. As far as being racist they are not. But unfortunately some people like to play that card. Instead of looking at what they do to cause them to lose a job. Not showing up to work regularly, late ALL the time, not calling in, no coming back from lunches etc. This is not racism, it is a company that finally says enough is enough. I am happy for my job and have worked in many companies that were not as good as Central! This is a growing company and it is reaching new heights and I feel like they are learning as they go & strive to be the best in our field and to have the best employees to do the job.

Cons

I do have to agree that not everyone is on the same page at Central, and that it would be better if the departments worked together more to try and run things in a more efficient manner. There are a lot of meetings and it can be hard to utilize your manager when you need them. The biggest downside I would say about Central is our IT department! Some are good but others are not and you spend alot of time waiting for things to be fixed and get alot of I don't knows, shoulder shrugs and walk aways, leaving you blinded as to if the problem is going to be resolved or not. Also removing programs & or adding them with out considering all those who use them. Just a select few. Acknowledgement or appreciation for a job well done is not the highlight here. Only in certain departments. Everyone needs to know they are appreciated. Although the company has been picking up on that a bit more.

Advice to Management

Remember the little people. Because when they are happy with the job and the managers things run much smoother.

Other Employee Reviews for Central Restaurant Products

1. "Unless you are unemployed, don't work for this company. Keep your current job."

Former Employee - N/A in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - N/A in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

discounts on products
    new building
    Park 100 location

Cons

This is a small company (around 130-150) employees. Most of the employees have been there forever or are brand new. Information is not shared between departments. People with knowledge will sit through the meeting and not say a word. Most meetings are a complete waste of time. People are fired regularly. People who quit are bad mouthed and blamed after leaving. Potential applicants are excluded just based on their name (race, ethnicity, etc). All the managers are white. There is only one female manager in the company. If you are a white male, you might like working here.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't help them at all. They think they know everything already!

2. "A forward thinking company both in how they do business and how they treat their employees"

I have been working at Central Restaurant Products full-time

Pros

Upper management has put in place a culture that encourages each employee to push our business forward through ideas to improve current processes or implement new ideas/ways of doing things. Ideas are taken seriously and they have an open door policy in terms of sharing these ideas with the highest levels of management. The culture also fosters career development and offers many opportunities for upward advancement. In my experience they are open to having conversations regarding career path and allowing you to be an active participant on what that path could potentially look like. At the same time, they realize that people have lives outside the company. I recently had a baby and took advantage of their 12 week paid maternity leave. Management was completely accommodating and made it clear my only to-do during my leave was to spend time with my new baby and nothing else. This is a company that cares about their employees both professionally and personally.

Cons

Nothing sticks out as a real problem. There are places where they can improve the way we do business and management, for the most part, is aware and actively working on improving where needed.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees well and you will continue to get loyal and productive people who will work to push Central forward.