Central Semiconductor - The Company needs a change of pace. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Central Semiconductor

"The Company needs a change of pace."

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
Current Employee - Test Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Central Semiconductor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Shorter days on Friday of each work week.

Cons

Communication among team members is discouraged. Moral is very low and the negative aspects of situations are generally focused on. This is a family run business and the direction of the company is unclear with the owner in his 80’s. Managers continually complain of being micromanaged by family members.

Advice to Management

Be honest and more positive. Communicate honestly with employees and focus on success rather than failure. Establish a direction for the company and communicate expectations to employees to help foster teamwork.

Other Employee Reviews for Central Semiconductor

"Great place to work, ignore the negative feedback"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Central Semiconductor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been in business for more than 40 years. Solid, profitable company. Fantastic family atmosphere. Terrific benefits package. A well structured and professional atmosphere, training and teamwork are at the forefront of direction. Many members of the staff has been here for 20+ years; there are many hard-working and very committed people here, don't listen to the haters. If you are a person that has a positive can-do attitude, this is a great place to work, you have the ability to make a difference.

Cons

Seeing the negative reviews, it's evident that I work with people with negative attitudes that complain but continue to work here because they can't find another place to work. If it's so bad and your just collecting a paycheck, then find someplace else. It's evident that you can't because you're either incompetent, or you are a coward and won't approach people with your opinions to help trigger change. You aren't contributing to the success of the company, move on!

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you'e doing; which is, treating people with respect, value input and opinions, build teamwork, empower people to make change and be leaders. Overall, you've provided a great place to work with a good work life balance. don't listen to the haters.

2. "Ship Sinking Fast"

I have been working at Central Semiconductor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As one other reviewer put it, the pay check clears. Other than that I️ can’t think of anything that would make this organization stand out from any other.

Cons

Current “President” has no idea what she’s doing. Qualifications to lead an organization such as this are not there (barely has an associates degree); lucky to inherit the title but will ultimately be the reason the company implodes. Rarely works a full work week but dictates when everyone else can take time off; do as I️ say not as I️ do kind of “leader.” I️ respected her father greatly but wonder how he thought she would be fit for this role? Options were limited considering her brother can barely tie his shoes without needing directions I️ guess. HR department is a joke but I️ don’t expect to see improvement here unless new leadership is brought in.

Advice to Management

Lose the entitlement attitude. Hire people qualified to actually lead us into the future.