Central States Manufacturing, Inc. - Fast paced and intense | Glassdoor

"Fast paced and intense"

Current Employee - Panel Line in Lowell, AR
Current Employee - Panel Line in Lowell, AR

I have been working at Central States Manufacturing, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

More than competitive pay, full benefits that are dirt cheap. Probably the best medical insurance I have ever had. Immediate management is easily accessible and open.
Management is always pushing us to advance and help open up doors if we show the motivation. You'll learn all kinds of spanish,

Cons

2nd shift is completely awful for anyone with a family or zeal for life, expect 12 hour days 3-4 days a week. 55+ hours a week is hard on a family. You can get thrown to the side rather quickly if you are not a fast learner...primarily in loading.

Panel line is hard tough work but very rewarding and staffed with an awesome group of guys!

Advice to Management

Maybe stop the temp cycle on 2nd shift, dont keep a temp for 90 days just to replace them. If they dont produce replace them at 30 days, that way they dont have false hopes of getting hired.

Other Employee Reviews for Central States Manufacturing, Inc.

1. "This is a very good company to work for that has opportunities for advancement"

Former Contractor - Roll Former in Lowell, AR
    Former Contractor - Roll Former in Lowell, AR

I worked at Central States Manufacturing, Inc. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Advancement
    Growth of company
    Most weekends off

Cons

Long hours
    As a temp, it is sometimes longer than 90 days to get hired

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the opinions of the employees in mind when you continue to grow the company.

"Ramant discrimination and 85% turnover in this organization"

Current Employee - Sales in Lowell, AR
    Current Employee - Sales in Lowell, AR

I have been working at Central States Manufacturing, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many. My favorite day with Central States will be when I tender my resignation

Cons

Discrimination. Workplace harassment, sexual and racial. Whistles blowers are swiftly and indiscriminately terminated. People have left this company suicidal due to the ammount of harassment and lack of quality of life. This could be the most toxic workplace that I have ever encountered. Labor Dept. is alaways investigating Central States for violation.

Advice to Management

Key VP's in this company will need to be removed fromdealing with live people before any changes will happen. Most specific in sales.