Centrica - Marmite internships- hate it or love it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Centrica

"Marmite internships- hate it or love it"

Former Intern - Digital Marketing Intern in Staines, England (UK)
Former Intern - Digital Marketing Intern in Staines, England (UK)

I worked at Centrica as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly and supportive team in a growing area of the business. They were more than willing to show me the ropes and help me learn new things about the industry.

Cons

Location outside of London in Staines made me feel isolated. Especially as a marketing intern, the corporate culture in their vapid business park offices didn't really inspire me to think creatively. This opinion was cemented after visiting several agencies we work with in central London.

Other Employee Reviews for Centrica

1. "OK"

Current Intern - Analyst in Oxford, England (UK)
    Current Intern - Analyst in Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Centrica as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Large organisation, great for an intern new to the corporate world in its entirety. Friendly staff who are supportive and seem to genuinely care about your development.

Cons

Very political in nature, often hard to tell who actually has your interests at heart. A bit too laid back in nature and an excessive emphasis on work/life balance. Not really exciting for a graduate who is actually keen to work.

2. "Nothing like I expected of the oil&gas industry"

Former Intern - Talent Intelligence Analyst in Windsor, South West England, England (UK)

I worked at Centrica as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved my experience with the company - great office atmosphere and everyone I met was so friendly. As a 'mere' summer intern I expected people not to bother with me and leave me get on with my project but most days I was meeting some one new. Everyone I met was was always very approachable, genuinely interested in what I was working on and always offering their help.

As part of my project I had to interview employees throughout the company at all levels of seniority - I expected a lot of rejections but everyone was happy to help and through speaking to them learnt the reason behind their move to Centrica - everyone is incredibly passionate about the company!

Cons

I was working outside of the IT department for my summer placement and was looking to move into this department for a graduate placement. I got the general opinion that the rest of the company does not consider the IT department to be worthwhile - even other interns made quips about them.