Centura Health - The company was a very stable and enjoyable place to work. I was there for almost 13 years. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Centura Health

"The company was a very stable and enjoyable place to work. I was there for almost 13 years."

Former Employee - IT Customer Service Analyst in Englewood, CO
Former Employee - IT Customer Service Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at Centura Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed by co-workers and the building was located in a lovely area. My manager was a very fair and hard working, loyal person.

Cons

I was not able to move up to a more challenging position which was quite frustrating for me.

Advice to Management

N/A

Other Employee Reviews for Centura Health

"hmmm......"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

I worked at Centura Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pay was decent, physicians were awesome, benefits were good

Cons

staffing lacked most of the time so patient safety/satisfaction was an issue, no extra help on crazy busy days, have charge nurses in charge that don't help out and are not team players, allowed certain people to get away with things and others could look wrong way in be in an office.

Advice to Management

don't create a culture that tattling on each/every person is ok and tolerated unless it harms them or others or patients, if someone is unhappy and they request to transfer, let them and don't be hateful/show how powerful you are by stopping/denying. Don't make up things to have been said or done just to make someone's life miserable. Don't stir the pot or gossip about your own staff or other staff in other areas. Lead by example!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Centura Health IT"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Centura Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You are working with dedicated, hard-working, kind people who care about their work. Most people who come to work here are impressed with how nice the people are. Because it is a faith-based, non-profit, many of the workers bring a positive spirit to their interactions. For the most part, my coworkers are very competent.

The CEO, Gary Campbell impresses me. I have never known a CEO, especially of such a large company, to invest so much time in meeting with the workers. He has a stated, clear vision for the future of the company. His leadership is why I expect that Centura will survive and grow during the Obamacare era. Let's face it, regulations have been created to pretty much force consolidation and mergers. Centura seems poised to take advantage of it.

Finally, the commitment to the mission of providing care and community benefit makes the work more meaningful than any other place I have worked.

Cons

The IT department has big plans for growth and transformation into a world class organization. Unfortunately, some of the decision-making has been short-sighted, resulting in failed projects and extended projects. Management seems to have caught on to the need to plan better and invest more resources in projects like these.

Another downside has been the inability to invest in needed resources. The IT department has been "lean and mean" for so long that some people are growing burnt out. Others are skeptical about the likelihood of success of some of new initiatives. In other cases, it seems like we are poised to make some of the same mistakes that led to problems we are experiencing.

Advice to Management

Hire a whole raft of people. Give outstanding, long-time employees new opportunities. Commit resources to new projects and if something is new, not in the current skillset, hire people who are experienced to lead.