Centura Health - wonderful place to work- I really do love my job! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Centura Health

"wonderful place to work- I really do love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Centura Health (Less than a year)

Pros

I work at St. Anthony's which is a brand new hospital that is absolutely gorgeous! The fact that it is a faith-based company I think really creates a more positive and peaceful atmosphere. The quarterly(?) town halls provide transparency. My direct supervisor is very flexible and understanding. Good employee recognition. Centura is constantly trying to anticipate change and always seems to be moving forward, trying to get better... it just makes you feel like you are on a winning team. Other associates are generally just very kind people who deeply care about the people we serve- it is nice to be a part of something like that.

Cons

Lack of employee input & communication regarding some specific issues (One example- brand new VERY nice printers/fax machines were simply delivered to every department (& old ones taken away).. we had no idea it was coming, and our current one was perfectly fine. And, we are actually having several problems with the new printer.. just seems like a waste of money. And, an unecessary source of new problems. And, we have had to be extremely persistent to have IT even begin to address some of the problems with our particular printer.
A second example- we were told that Centura will be building and opening up several new ambulatory health clinics which will staff new and current Centura employees which was obviously exciting for us. Then, one day, we get an email of the press release video of how Centura and Walgreens are partnering to basically just broaden the scope of what the current Healthcare Clinics at Walgreens already do. There was never any mention of Walgreens to Centura associates until this press release.)

So, I guess in a nutshell, you'd like to think you know what's going on... but just when you finally feel like you do, something weird like one of the above examples happens and just leaves you very puzzled. But all in all- the pros far far outweight the cons!

Advice to Management

If there is a major change in something that you are planning to roll out, please mention this to the associates. Especially if it is something that you have been consistently trying to communicate with us about- it's obvious that something that big was not just accidentally omitted from communications. And, if there is a major change or new implementation, please encourage an easy way for employees to provide feedback- this will only make Centura better!

Other Employee Reviews for Centura Health

1. "It was fabulous. They are the largest faith-based healthcare Organization in Colorado"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Generalist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Generalist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Centura Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was empowered to run my own facilities as my Director lived in a different city and he had his own facilities to run. I managed two Long Term Care Facilities in Denver, CO

Cons

The scheduling of my work load and trying to be "in two different places at once".

Advice to Management

They were great to me, I was able to learn and grow with them.

"Ok - Still A Long way to go"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Centura Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Centura is a dedicated Health Care management organization. On the IT side, there are some really great people and typically everyone's mindset is always on improving and providing better services for the clinicians.

Cons

Specific to IT,
    1) lack of long-term strategy shared with teams,
    2) Knee-jerk reactions to get things implemented rather than saying NO and determining where it may fit into the long-term staretegy (which doesn't exist)
    3) Hero mentality of swooping in at the last minute to save the day (it happens so often it is expected)
    4) Old-guard still in place and dictating - no collaboration evident at leadership levels
    5) Resource constrained - people and equipment

Advice to Management

Develop and communicate a long term strategy
    Move old-guard out and get some fresh ideas
    Set a budget and stick to it