Centurion Medical Products - A glimpse of what great companies could be | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Centurion Medical Products

"A glimpse of what great companies could be"

Former Employee - Quality Control in Howell, MI
Former Employee - Quality Control in Howell, MI

Pros

I worked in the production room before being moved to QC. Production was good where I worked, good people, easy going environment. Excellent training, many opportunities for growth. Many employees are willing to share knowledge of company processes, and direction. Nice benefits.

Cons

There is no base rate for any job though which is good and bad. Good if you're coming with a lot of experience from another company, bad if you are doing just as good of a job brand new to the scene, as a senior employee does. Another shady politic is preferential of employees. Lots of family members that get treated better than non-relatives, and who can get away with much much more and who get paid slightly more as well.

Other Employee Reviews for Centurion Medical Products

"Company no longer cares about Employees or Customer Service"

Former Employee - Driver/Warehouse
    Former Employee - Driver/Warehouse

Pros

The work schedule is monday-friday.

Cons

You are treated like a slave, and the pay is low for the job that you do. I worked here for 5 years and busted my @$$ and was promised advancement, but never saw it. Just got excuse after excuse, and then given even more responsibility with no increase in pay. I performed my job function as well as the function of my warehouse managers job. There are constant lies when management addresses employees, and employees are always left in the dark.

Speaking of dark, our warehouse we were required to work in would of been shutdown if OSHA would of ever walked in. Our warehouse had far from enough lighting, holes in the roof where water and cold air came in right onto the "sterile" medical products.

The company tells employees that saving money is more important than scrambling to meet a customers need. Without customers, what money is the company going to have?

I worked with co-workers who were at the company for 30 years, and when the owners son took over the company, seniority meant nothing, and the first ones to be laid off were the ones with the most years of loyal service to the company.

I was once again promised management in 2010 in my 4th year of working for the company, and not even 6 months later, my warehouse was one of 6 that the company closed. Our warehouse was closed due to having 4 employees there over the 20 year mark. We were told the only reason we received "advanced notice" (6 months prior) was because there was a "slip up" in the corporate office and they wanted the employees to hear from the company president instead of other employees at corporate.

I visited different warehouses for special tasks where the warehouse managers didn't know how to turn on and turn off a computer!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees much better, respect them as they work hard for you. Remember that dedicated employees and a high level of customer service were what got the company to where it is today.

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Centurion Medical Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong values from most of the management...truly want to make better products and do so...encouraged to do what other companies cannot for our customers and seldom get pushback when asking to do something outside the normal lines...patients are the priority. Sales force treated very well and truly have the opp to make a ton of $$$, but you have to put in some years.

Cons

If something isn't right or not working well, the opportunity to voice concern is minimal and often spurned. Innovation is and has been lacking...though we have tried with a few products, they just aren't great and have fallen flat.

Advice to Management

Reps need to have new stuff to sell...Shield is great, but old and now putting into other kits makes it not worth it to sell on the comp side; Compass 2.0 could be great, but its shelved; Art line could be good if it works but its not that innovative and people aren't too "wowed" with it. Need new stuff