Century 21 - Supportive Company with excellent training and tools to help you succeed | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Century 21

"Supportive Company with excellent training and tools to help you succeed"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Century 21 part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent training and support. You are given every tool needed to succeed

Cons

Being a Realtor is basically being self employed.

Other Employee Reviews for Century 21

1. "Intern at local office"

Pros

Easy-going, laid back atmosphere was consistent with what I thought would be the feel of a local brokerage. The manager was incredibly nice and took plenty of time to initially welcome me to the office.

Cons

No real push to get better, and since it was unpaid, there was little effort to actually help me succeed on my task. It was very easy to be forgotten and not the best place to really grow.

Advice to Management

Pay the interns and let/make them do some real work. Intern doesn't = incompetent.

"You won't get rich selling Real Estate."

Current Employee - Realtor
    Current Employee - Realtor

Pros

Great Training and continuous information updating. Extraordinary resources such as online classes, ordering or print forms, post cards, etc. There is no company out there that has any better resource program - however - these classes cost money! And Century 21 continually encourages you to take the courses, at your own expense, and not much consideration is given to the fact that a Realtors take home pay is very small when you consider that we pay our own medical, dental insurance, all the auxiliary fees and costs associated with being a realtor, and then have to pay income taxes out of what is left - which isn't much.

Cons

Too many fees taken from the commission check, considering that there are absolutely no benefits, retirement plan, and that taxes must be paid from the commission check. A huge amount of hours are required on a weekly basis in order to "stay alive" in this business - and even with that, you are not guaranteed success. Advertising is a huge expense also.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more incentives to work in this field. It is extremely competitive with very little monetary reward when all is said and done.