Century 21 Stores - I had a great experience here! | Glassdoor
  1. "I had a great experience here!"

Current Intern - Buying Intern

I have been working at Century 21 Stores

Pros

Many knowledgable people that work here

Cons

There were no cons when working here.

Century 21 Stores2019-04-28
  1. "Experience"

I worked at Century 21 Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co workers good experience

Cons

Pay was not really what was expected

Century 21 Stores2019-04-27

"Good entry level position- you will learn so much"

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in New York, NY

I worked at Century 21 Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great entry level place to work. - You will learn a lot and everyone is extremely willing to teach you and help you. - The work environment is extremely laid back, dress code is casual but appropriate. Not a stressful environment at all. - Everyone is so nice and genuinely friends. Little to no office drama or "cattiness" ever. Your peers and co workers are all so amazing, genuine, and knowledgable. This is the absolute best part about working at century. So many come from such impressive, extensive backgrounds in the industry that really teach you so much. - Get to attend market and trade shows. - They pay the higher ups in the company extremely competitive pay. (Buyers, Planners, DMMs, DPMS) -Buyers have a lot of freedom when it comes to decision making and being creative. The company believes in the Buyers and lets them guide the buying path. - Summer Fridays - Work life balance is great, 8:30AM-5PM M-F. Managers are extremely understanding and flexible with your work life balance. - You will be trained very efficiently. Between your manager and all the training courses they enroll you in, you will be set up for success in the industry. -Other companies love to hear you are from Century 21 because of our work ethic and how good of employees we are to have from working there. - CEO genuinely cares about employees. Is so personable with all of us and makes time to speak to us daily.

Cons

- Not a large company, little room for growth. - Once you complete at least a year and a half of assistant buying you have to switch to assistant planning for another year and a half before even being considered being promoted to an associate role. Same thing goes if you start as an assistant planner. It is extremely difficult to become an associate here if you start here, its possible but the chances are SLIM. Most assistants do not stay within in the company. Many leave and come back to interview for associate level. - The pay is not terrible, but it is NOT competitive at all. - Very little vacation and sick days. Absolutely NO working from home, you wont even get a laptop. - Dull and out dated office. - It will be made known you are only an assistant, you do not even receive a portion of your teams bonus. - Outdated company, do things very old school.

Continue reading
    Century 21 Stores2020-03-26

Discover more reviews about Century 21 Stores.