CenturyLink - Flexible work environment | Glassdoor

"Flexible work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Pros

Flexible working house. Good Insurance coverage and vacation benefits.
Good balance of work and life mixture..
Good employee retention rate.

Cons

Poor project and resource management. Afraid of technology change.
Not enough challenge.
Big swings in directions.
Lack of vision and consistency.
Constant company acquisitions caused product integration issues.

Advice to Management

Create an environment that encourages creativity and best use of the resource.

Other Employee Reviews for CenturyLink

"Great long term home."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA

Pros

You START with 4 weeks vacation and there is no stigma against using it. Qwest really supports a healthy work/life balance. They are extremely loyal employers and do not give up on you when your performance is weak. Lots of people get in and stay til they retire. It feels like a family.

Cons

Red tape, beauracracy, administration. It's a 100+ year old phone company what do you expect. It can be very hard to advance. Since people tend to die in their jobs I've only seen one person promoted from my position in 4 years. Recently they have really, really cut back on support staff for sales so I spend all my time writing and following up on my own orders and doing repairs anything BUT selling.

Advice to Management

Give sales reps in the key space more support!! I am so busy in non-revenue producing administrative work I can't sell. I want to shoot myself. I found a $5K MRC opportunity in May, it's July and I just finally got time to do the proposal.

2. "Straight up sales."

Former Employee - Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound in Jefferson City, MO

Pros

Great place to get sales experience. You are expected to meet numbers on a montly basis which can be challenging but fun.

Cons

You are micromanaged everyday all day. There is no place to advance when you are working in a call center.

Advice to Management

Offer advancement opportunites to employees that excel. Even management opportunites if they are available. Offer some advice or career planning to reps.