CenturyLink - Cool, Less Work its up to you to Utilize time for your Growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

"Cool, Less Work its up to you to Utilize time for your Growth"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

Very less work, Pays decent if u negotiate well, Easy balanced life as we have very less work accross all the team. But you can utilise the time to learn things and grow.

Cons

less work would make u little rusty, all other aspects in the organisation was prettty decent, i never felt anything bad.

Advice to Management

Please bring some work to offshore teams toooo....

Other Employee Reviews for CenturyLink

1. "Post Acquisitions; dysfunctional and disconnected"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

Pros

I am able to work days

Cons

Benefits keep getting worse. Starting in 2014, can only carry over 40-hours of paid time off. Is this how long term employees should be treated? Now I can start each year off with the same vacation time as a new hire. Made two recent acquisitions and then we adopt most of their failed practices. The engineering department is a total joke with time consuming protocols and too many useless departments.

Advice to Management

My advice to management? Become acquainted with the people you manage and what they actually do.

2. "Poor"

Pros

it has benefits and continues to pay a salary.

Cons

poor leadership, top-down management style only, little communication into vision, small company ideas in large merged coporation, original companies not integrated or merged yet...

Advice to Management

Wake up, you are a Tier I telecommunications company, we are in the information age, cell phones and mobile devices are a key mover in our society, prism tv is a horrible idea and every one knows it... the only real solution is a streaming product -- think NetFlix, Hulu, Google has a partnership, etc..