CenturyLink - One of the easiest jobs I have ever worked at...... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

"One of the easiest jobs I have ever worked at......"

Current Employee - Service Technician in North Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Service Technician in North Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back, Good ole' boy atmosphere. No pressure, great pay, the list goes on and on. I love working there...

Cons

Some lazy individuals hide behind union rules and their seniority to make excuses for not working like their supposed to be doing. But it's not really that bad of a deal, because that's job security for the rest of us.

Advice to Management

Stay laid back and cool with your employees. You guys make it a little too easy for the lazy ones to take advantage somrtimes. Not complaining though!

Other Employee Reviews for CenturyLink

1. "I worked here when it was Qwest. They treat people very well. It's a tender trap."

Former Employee - Facilities Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Facilities Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at CenturyLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Superb benefits. Everyone brags about Boeing's benefits. Qwest had tuition free and I got an art degree. Another employee went to the Clown Academy in Spokane and got a 'degree'. Qwest
    worked with me to be flexible in my hours, to go to school. Qwest gave me a pension AND a 401K and
    medical that was not taken out of my paycheck - just a small co-pay. All that and I worked my way from the bottom position (Operator), to a top position (Facilities Specialist) before I was 40.

Cons

People feel very confident about job security and almost everything is based on seniority. It's all about your TOE (Term of Employment) date. Also, the managers can get real snotty about petty stuff.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on petty stuff and reward the employees who work hard by trusting and respecting them instead of monitoring and spying on them.

2. "Its a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Retail Senior Lead in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Retail Senior Lead in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay, and the company does care about the customers. It is a huge company but they still try to maintain the small family owned feel.

Cons

As with any large corporation, sometimes it takes a while to get things changed. If you are not willing to have a fluctuating schedule, the retail environment is not for you.