CenturyLink - Company is bad for your health | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

"Company is bad for your health"

Current Employee - Sales in Boise, ID
Current Employee - Sales in Boise, ID

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has good benefits which it is trying to take away.

Cons

The Corporation is anti-union, micro manages, management is afraid of talented employees, thus promotes unqualified people to management, Century Link also fires employees for little reason and frequently, sets metric numbers at unreasonable levels which causes poor customer service by stressed out employees. This corporation is also anti-union and can't settle union contracts in a timely manner. The bottom line is all about numbers and little about employee satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Go work someplace else.

Other Employee Reviews for CenturyLink

"Swamp People"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Union is still strong, local management team gets out of the way so I can do my job, benefits are ok but nothing spectacular, job stays at work. Able to move around and advance.

Cons

Constant shuffling of Directors, VP's, and business units each with a new direction. Bitter legacy CenturtTel people (they feel entitled to jobs because "they bought Qwest" even if they have far less experience running a global company. What worked for a department of 15 does not translate to success with a combined group of 200 people. Weirdo religion overtones. Benefits and pay are under attack. Everything is going to be contracted out.

Advice to Management

Assume the people doing the job know how to do it best rather than someone 1000 miles away. Metrics just for the sake of having something to measure are pointless.

2. "Great benni's but a lot of politics"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Westminster, CO

I worked at CenturyLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team atmosphere, the best benefits that I have every had, pension

Cons

Goals are always changing. When you reach your goals one month they will continue to raise your goals until they are unobtainable in which case you will not have as much potential for commissions.

Also, our regional manager seemed to change every quarter. Each regional manager would bring in a new set to goals. Since the regional manager changed so much, our goals were not consistent.

Advice to Management

Have reasonably obtainable goals.