CenturyLink - Major stress | Glassdoor

"Major stress"

Current Employee - Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. If you require structure, excellent company to work for. The company is trying to expand it's offerings into the 21st century.

Cons

You always feel like big brother is watching over your shoulder. Objectives/goals/metrics used to measure performance change every time there is a change in upper management. Lateral movement is available, vertical movement is virtually nonexistant. The benefits package gets worse with every contract negotiation.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make everyone into a robot.

Other Employee Reviews for CenturyLink

"TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE"

Former Employee - Customer Service/Sales Work At Home in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Sales Work At Home in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CenturyLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get benefits after 90 days

Cons

Training was not good and did not prepare you for the job; more than half of my training class quit! Trainer was not good and neither were there SME'S as they call them; the NOHD department was rude; the Help Desk was rude; my boss told me he could not help me with my job because he was not good at systems!

Advice to Management

Hire a new trainer; get better SME'S; have a training that actually trains people for the job!; hire new supervisors that can actually do their employees jobs; there is no credibility when your supervisor tells you he can't do your job! REALLY??!! So why are you my supervisor?!

2. "Family Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Monroe, LA
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Monroe, LA

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The men and women behind the reigns at CenturyLink really seem to have the well-being of the employees, community, and longevity of the business at heart.

Cons

If you're used to a faster paced development cycle, you might be a little frustrated. Some projects have a very long lifecycle, so switching gears from a faster environment may be a little frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. This is a special company with a lot of special people. Don't ever lose sight of that.