Cenveo Publisher Services - It is a nice company | Glassdoor

"It is a nice company"

Former Employee - Content Proofreader in Mumbai (India)
Former Employee - Content Proofreader in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Cenveo Publisher Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly atmosphere, good staff habits

Cons

management has to be more practicable

Other Employee Reviews for Cenveo Publisher Services

"Working for Misers"

I have been working at Cenveo Publisher Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As far as I am concerned, the only positive thing at Cenveo Mumbai is its location. I don't have to travel much to reach the office and that is the reason I am still here. Another good thing for me is the freedom that I am getting to sign off on time. Yes, they do ask to give extra time due to 'Project Requirement' but are not forcing me to do so. Don't expect to find other pros here.

Cons

Negative points about Cenveo. Quite a long list. To begin with, you will feel like working for a miser at this place. I have been working here since past couple of years and my total increment has been less than Rs. 2000. There salary structure has been divided in fixed and variable salary part. However, don't expect to get a fortune as variables. They never pay the amount shown on paper. So called performance incentive has nothing to do with your performance. It depends on how cordial your relations are with your manager. Be a yes man if you wanna earn more. Same could be said about the appraisal process. Hell lot of favoritism could be seen here.

Cenveo is also very good at exploiting its staff. As per the policy, staff is supposed to get weekly offs on first and third Saturdays and Sundays. However, we never get off on Saturdays. We are asked to work for imaginary project requirement. They have also made us work for all seven days. People working in night shift from Monday to Friday are asked to come in the afternoon shift on Saturday. People are also forced to work in double shift and if they protest, managers shamelessly ask them to quit. All managers are arrogant except a couple of guys. Very often people are asked to work for extra hours and the organization does not pay overtime. If it does, its paltry, i.e, Rs. 50 per hour.

Advice to Management

Make sure people are not asked to work when its supposed to be their weekly off. Manages are very arrogant and they often ask an associate to quit if he/she refuses to work as per their whims. Please make sure managers never dare to threaten the staff.

About appraisal. Please stop acting like a miser. This year, people are give an increment of Rs. 170, Rs. 25 or Rs. 700. This is enough to demoralize a person. Make sure each and every associate gets proper increment. (Minimum increment amount should be between Rs. 1800-2000). If you are making people work for extra hours, ovetime paid should be proper. Say Rs. 75-100 per hour.

2. "Print Intern"

Former Intern - Print in Toledo, OH
    Former Intern - Print in Toledo, OH

I worked at Cenveo Publisher Services as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

They were very helpful on teaching me the print industry.

Cons

There was no turn over within the customer service