Cenveo - The career path to nowhere? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cenveo

"The career path to nowhere?"

Current Employee - Copy Editor III in Columbia, MD
Current Employee - Copy Editor III in Columbia, MD

Pros

this reviewer works at Cadmus, a company purchased by Cenveo in 2007. At the time of the purchase, we saw major layoffs of long-term employees. We know very little about hte new parent company. Locally, Cadmus permits schedule variations of work times, including work at home. Certain departments are relatively "hands-off" on overseeing work.

Cons

some departments are definitely NOT hands-off, but are micro-managed by dept. leader. There is very little opportunity to move up on career ladder, and there is no encouragement from within the company. The parent company in Connecticut, a commercial print company, seems to have little appreciation for the kind of work we do here in Maryland (production of scholarly books and journals), and the emphasis has moved from quality of product to fastest and cheapest. Employees are treated, basically, in the same way. Pay raises average approx 1.5%, when given. No company contribution to 401K plans, and no incentive (monetary or not) to remain with Cenveo. A standing joke among employees is that one day we will be charged rent to work in our cubes....

Advice to Management

Find out what your company in Columbia does (scholarly journals and books), recognize the hard-working people at the below management level.

Other Employee Reviews for Cenveo

"Do not apply for this job!"

Former Employee - Journal Production Manager in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Journal Production Manager in Columbia, MD

Pros

The location is fairly good.

Cons

The are more downsides than I can shake a stick at. I was expected to know everything about the company within a week, which is not realistic. My computer crashed at least three times per week. I was screamed at daily for events that were beyond my control.

Advice to Management

Be realistic! A person cannot know the politics of a company within a week. Drop the job shadowing technique altogether because it streses out the former employee and gives the new employee way too much information at once.

"Excellent Co-workers, Scary Workloads"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Excellent co-worker rapport and support. People really banded together to try to create a positive environment.

Cons

Tons of work. Way more than one person could conceivably do. Lots of unrealistic expectations and very little respect where vacation is concerned. I remember getting calls while on vacation about a meltdown at work. The environment was one of anxiety.

Advice to Management

Your workers are not firewood so work on tactics to avoid burn out.