Cenveo - It was hard to get out of bed everyday to go to work at Quality Park Products | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cenveo

"It was hard to get out of bed everyday to go to work at Quality Park Products"

Former Employee - Shipping Department in St. George, UT
Former Employee - Shipping Department in St. George, UT

Pros

The pay was about average for the Saint George, UT area but still low on a national scale. Vacation time and overtime was given.

Cons

Inept managment, stagnant wages, constant raising of benefits cost, poor work environment, lack of motivation to do a good job and low employee moral due to the mismangement at the facility.

Advice to Management

Clean house, starting at the top and work your way down. Plant Manager should of retired a couple of decades ago. Stop hiring relatives, married couples and friends , it just makes for a hostile work environment due to the constant drama it creates. I understand times have been tough the past few years economically but explore other ways to cut cost besides always going to your employees to acheive this (lost of hours,temporary layoffs, etc). Your employees are not stupid, they see while your cutting their hours the company is out spending millions on new machinery and buying out other companies. It just takes a minute to find your business transaction posted online, we are not all dumb grunt laborers like you think. Also try treating people with some respect and would it kill your multi billion dollar corporation (Cenveo) to "at least" give your employees an Christmas card around the holidays??

Other Employee Reviews for Cenveo

"The career path to nowhere?"

Current Employee - Copy Editor III in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Copy Editor III in Columbia, MD

Pros

this reviewer works at Cadmus, a company purchased by Cenveo in 2007. At the time of the purchase, we saw major layoffs of long-term employees. We know very little about hte new parent company. Locally, Cadmus permits schedule variations of work times, including work at home. Certain departments are relatively "hands-off" on overseeing work.

Cons

some departments are definitely NOT hands-off, but are micro-managed by dept. leader. There is very little opportunity to move up on career ladder, and there is no encouragement from within the company. The parent company in Connecticut, a commercial print company, seems to have little appreciation for the kind of work we do here in Maryland (production of scholarly books and journals), and the emphasis has moved from quality of product to fastest and cheapest. Employees are treated, basically, in the same way. Pay raises average approx 1.5%, when given. No company contribution to 401K plans, and no incentive (monetary or not) to remain with Cenveo. A standing joke among employees is that one day we will be charged rent to work in our cubes....

Advice to Management

Find out what your company in Columbia does (scholarly journals and books), recognize the hard-working people at the below management level.

"Do not apply for this job!"

Former Employee - Journal Production Manager in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Journal Production Manager in Columbia, MD

Pros

The location is fairly good.

Cons

The are more downsides than I can shake a stick at. I was expected to know everything about the company within a week, which is not realistic. My computer crashed at least three times per week. I was screamed at daily for events that were beyond my control.

Advice to Management

Be realistic! A person cannot know the politics of a company within a week. Drop the job shadowing technique altogether because it streses out the former employee and gives the new employee way too much information at once.