Cerner - Cerner took my career to a level I was not even able to imagine a year prior. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cerner

"Cerner took my career to a level I was not even able to imagine a year prior."

Former Employee - Solution Delivery Consultant in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Solution Delivery Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cerner takes a genuine interest in their employees and their families (work/life balance is important). The extensive training Cerner invests in their employees in top notch and really prepares the employees to give the best service to their Clients. Cerner participates and gives back to the community and encourages employees and their families to do so as well. Cerner has a Health Clinic right on campus to minimize the time employees need to be out of work; encourages preventive care and a healthy lifestyle. The on campus cafeteria is like going to a 5 star restaurant with McDonald prices; foods from vegan, seafood, homestyle, etc and fresh made to order everyday. There is an on campus gym, fitness center, pool, raquetball courts etc. since they encourage their employees to reduce stress with physical fitness; a healthy body is a healthy mind and ultimately benefits the Clients.

Cons

The area I was in was consulting and the weeks on the road tend to take a toll after a while; often expected to teach classes, hold knowledge transfers etc on Fridays after being on the road catering to the Client for 50-60 hours Monday through Thursday. I expected pay increases more often or at least when they came around to be a larger percentage. The pay increases where based on the Corporation as a whole and not necessarily the venue in which the employee worked and their participation in the profits.

Advice to Management

Keep the family atmosphere and continue to include the employees and their families in the philanthropy. When an employee is paid on salary, refer back to their actual hours worked for the Client and in house with knowledge transfers...don't assume it's a typical 40 hour week.

Other Employee Reviews for Cerner

1. "Cerner is growing big!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cool technologies.
    Talented employees.
    Good benefits.
    On site clinic and pharmacy.

Cons

Shuttle to parking lot.
    Health insurance premium is high.

Advice to Management

None.

"No Work Life Balance"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good technologies to learn
    -Top of the tier to work in Kansas City

Work depends greatly on the team, I was with nursing dept. It was good but the pay is really low. Also if you tell them you are quitting for more money , they will hate you (Upper management).

Cons

-No work life balance at all
    -Nerdsville
    -Have to kiss ass to go up the chain

Advice to Management

Dont hate appreciate, and pay better. Cerner is making billions but employees are not.