Cerner - Software engineer | Glassdoor

"Software engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment and a great opportunity to work with multiple technologies.,

Cons

Kansas City is boring.

Other Employee Reviews for Cerner

"Worst Job in my 25 year Professional Career!"

Former Employee - Engagement Leader in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Engagement Leader in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Centrally located. Met some great people who have the same opinion of the company as I do but are afraid to speak up. On-site Pharmacy was a nice benefit.

Cons

Most incompetent Management that I've ever been around in my career. U.S. Consulting was the business unit that I was assigned too. This Management team is built solely by a bunch of people who formed a click and promotions are made based upon a popularity contest! Not once in my 3 years and 7 months of employment did management see me do my job as an Engagement Leader on-site at a hospital. How can you judge performance that way? Stay away from this company if you have any long-term leadership experience. That will consider you a threat if you voice your opinion or question their click!

Advice to Management

Take a look in a mirror, this company is on the same path as Sprint was a few years ago. You're becoming over extended and bragging about how many employees you have when in reality your product has challenges and many gaps and your main competitor is taking 7 out of 10 sales on average. My suggestion is to sell so a company can come in and put policies and processes in place and eliminate the rift raft management that is in place to move this company forward. If you don't, then many of your properties will sit vacant soon!

"Career Builder"

Current Employee - Solutions Designer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Solutions Designer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible to try new things and add new skill sets.

Cons

The hours can be long and pressure from clients can add a lot of stress, making burn out a strong reality.

Advice to Management

Need to regulate the amount of hours that associates that show signs of burn out better.