ChaCha - Poor Management Style leads to poor morale and burnout | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ChaCha

"Poor Management Style leads to poor morale and burnout"

Former Employee - Corporate Office Carmel, IN Employee in Carmel, IN
Former Employee - Corporate Office Carmel, IN Employee in Carmel, IN

Pros

Good communication with staff about how company is doing, weekly updates and fun, energetic, fast paced, modern environment.

Cons

Management tends to use its people up and then throw them out with about as much appreciation as it does when the garbage is thrown out. HIgh anxiety among employees caused by not knowing if you will be the one to get the ax today or not. Poor morale, poor leadership. Doesn't seem to know what direction they want to go. Keep changing the plan before existing one is evaluated. Company is too leveraged now with investors. Poor product now- answers are wrong now more than correct due to automation.

Advice to Management

Stop changing direction of company before analyzing what is working and what is not.. Plan-don't bolt on the wings as you are flying down the runway which is what you do now. Very poor management style leads to unhappy staff. One doesn't have to be an MBA to know you can't sustain your business working with the current model. Good ideas. Poorly implemented. Outdated marketing ideas. Focus on your customers instead of being 'first'. Stop thinking of your employees as throw-away. You've lost many good people to the poor leadership you've provided thus far. Too bad. Good Idea-Bad implementation of it.

Other Employee Reviews for ChaCha

"ChaCha Independent Contractor"

Current Employee - ChaCha Independent Contractor in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - ChaCha Independent Contractor in Miami, FL

Pros

Great hours (i.e. you decide when you want to work and when you do not).

Cons

1. Extremely low pay: Making about 10 cents per query.

2. Pay cuts & lack of raises: Are frequent, and often without notice, despite the hard work you do, and as a result there are never any raises.

3. Lack of acknowledgment: The corporate management doesn't view you as an employee, despite you being the backbone of their business. Often an "I don't care" attitude is taken to any complaint, with rarely anything ever being done.

Advice to Management

Your contractors are you backbone, treat them with respect, and give them raises instead of pay cuts for their hard work.

2. "Was great the first two years; became a joke after major salary changes"

Former Employee - Guide
    Former Employee - Guide

Pros

Flexible salary, instant payment, Easy to do, Interesting job, Great for people who love trivia, perfect for moms looking to make a few extra dollars in between the REAL job of raising their children. No phone work, which is a bonus when small children are around.

Cons

The pay system used to be complex, but at least it was based on MONEY. You basically earned two cents for every question you answered (but it was easy to answer approx 40 to 50 questions an hour as we were given great training for where to find the most accurate info in the quickest manner). Then management turned the pay system into a confusing mess of earning COINS (essentially points) which could then be converted to a monetary value after a minimum was earned. The already low pay was essentially cut by 33 %..It was ridiculous and I quit working for them.

Advice to Management

Communicate with the Guides. They are the heart and soul of the company. They are the ones who interact with the clients and they are what make ChaCha different from any other search engine. We are not bots, but actual humans communicating with another person via text. Do not devalue the work we do to ridiculously low pay levels. I had been a guide for four years and was FAST and had great ratings. But when I spend 4 hours working and I haven't even made enough to buy a gallon of milk, it was no longer worth my time. I LOVED the job. I hated quitting. I understand it is a business and you must make money, but if your niche is having LIVE people actually answering your texts, pay them a reasonable rate, since they are the only thing that set you apart from any other search engine.