Chamberlain College of Nursing - Overall, this is a good place to work and gain experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chamberlain College of Nursing

"Overall, this is a good place to work and gain experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Chamberlain College of Nursing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We are a growing company and we offer a good program to our students. It is easy to find the people that care about our students' needs and work with them. Most of the students are serious about being in school with us and getting a great education.

Cons

We can be a dysfunctional organization with too many inexperienced managers and faculty and admins that think they run the organization.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting inexperienced employees without offering to train them first. Do not promote on favoritism but do what is best for the organization.
You have the funds to build new schools; try investing in your employees by having competitive salaries and bonuses based on merit.

Other Employee Reviews for Chamberlain College of Nursing

"Too big too fast"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

The passion and expertise of the Chamberlain employees is excellent. Everyone was focused on creating an exceptional experience for students, and for surpassing academic standards.

Cons

The model for growth did not make sense. The pressure and strategy from DeVry's senior management for Chamberlain to expand to more markets was not realistic given the cost structure, competitive landscape, and regulatory hurdles. There are too many more affordable options for nursing students.

2. "Good Job"

I worked at Chamberlain College of Nursing full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance and good opportunities for growth.

Cons

Some but not all supervisors and employees like to micro-manage.

Advice to Management

Create a culture that steers away from micro-management because it can truly wear out the employees who are impacted by it.