Chamberlain University - Overall, this is a good place to work and gain experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chamberlain University

"Overall, this is a good place to work and gain experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Chamberlain University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We are a growing company and we offer a good program to our students. It is easy to find the people that care about our students' needs and work with them. Most of the students are serious about being in school with us and getting a great education.

Cons

We can be a dysfunctional organization with too many inexperienced managers and faculty and admins that think they run the organization.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting inexperienced employees without offering to train them first. Do not promote on favoritism but do what is best for the organization.
You have the funds to build new schools; try investing in your employees by having competitive salaries and bonuses based on merit.

Other Employee Reviews for Chamberlain University

"Too big too fast"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

The passion and expertise of the Chamberlain employees is excellent. Everyone was focused on creating an exceptional experience for students, and for surpassing academic standards.

Cons

The model for growth did not make sense. The pressure and strategy from DeVry's senior management for Chamberlain to expand to more markets was not realistic given the cost structure, competitive landscape, and regulatory hurdles. There are too many more affordable options for nursing students.

2. "Very stressful but rewarding"

Current Employee - Student Service Advisor in Campus (Nepal)
    Current Employee - Student Service Advisor in Campus (Nepal)

I have been working at Chamberlain University full-time

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. I love the work I do! Students go through a fast-paced stressful program and it is so rewarding to see them graduate.

Cons

The school is growing too fast without enough focus on quality. New locations are opening at the speed of light. Some locations are overloaded with workload and get no assistance where for some the sky is the limit. There is little room for advancement if you don't live in the Chicago area, or if you are willing to relocate.

Advice to Management

Dear Management; please consider redirecting some of the money invested in new locations, to focus on supporting existing campuses and staff. Don't forget they are the biggest reason for CCN's success and good reputation.