Chamberlain University - Nepotism and Toxicity | Glassdoor

"Nepotism and Toxicity"

Current Employee - Visiting Assistant Professor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Chamberlain University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Students, Pay, Work-Life balance, Location, Students

Cons

Leadership, Favoritism, Limited Growth Opportunities, Toxic Work Environment

Advice to Management

Monitor leadership and campuses more closely. They can make or break a campus. Campus President is rarely on campus. Hires close personal friends and allows them to promote toxicity on the campus without repercussions. Advertises Chamberlain Care, however, it is not embraced by leadership or certain faculty. Faculty brag about close personal relationships with campus leadership, which makes it difficult for students... and staff to have a voice. Campus President is very quick to undermine faculty in order to push own agenda. Campus leadership sabotaged growth within the organization. Terminates staff without cause or any formal action plan. Do not advertise Chamberlain Care if you are not embracing it yourselves. Students are very aware of the negativity on campus and have told others to avoid this campus at all costs. Students have expressed their regret for attending this school. They are very concerned about the turnover for faculty and staff. Only certain Visiting Professors are chosen to work. Was considering full time but based on the culture, would never consider a full time position unless changes are made.

Chamberlain University2019-07-15
  1. "Great place to grow"

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Chamberlain University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at Chamberlain for 5yrs in that time I received 3 promotions and 6 raises in salary. I was part of many different initiatives that allowed me to shine and showcase my many different skills and learn and improve on many others. The schedule was very flexible and I even worked from home. Management appreciates the hard work you put in and they show it by giving out awards for performance and many other... things as well. One event they sponsored for us was to take all the employees to Top Golf. They have also taken us to Pinstripes and many other fantastic events. If you are serious about wanting to develop your skills they will help you to do just that through the different training curriculums that they offer for employees. As a matter a fact I would still be there if not for the fact that I was finally able to pursue my dream and go into business for myself.

Cons

None really if you liked faced paced work in a sales type of environment.

Chamberlain University2019-09-12
  2. "All about colleagues and students!"

Current Employee - Leader in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Chamberlain University full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Chamberlain University is a growing institution that fosters an culture of care for students and colleagues alike. Colleagues are provided opportunities for professional development and the abundance of resources for students can’t be found at other institutions.

Cons

Growing programs can lead to a very busy environment, but a good problem to have!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in human capital. Student facing positions are critical to the success of the organization.

Chamberlain University2019-09-01

Discover more reviews about Chamberlain University.