Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital - step down unit | Glassdoor

"step down unit"

Former Employee - CNA
Former Employee - CNA

Pros

pre set schedule. overtime availability. shift differential. holiday pay (but holidays are pre-set). gret patient interactions. ability to get hands on experience in the field.

Cons

nurses who are unwilling to help care for their patients, especially patient care. being at the bottom of the totem pole in all respects. vacation denials due to staff shortages. high patient load secondary to staff shortages

Advice to Management

try to be more open about the needs of all your workers. stop forcing aides to work a whole wing and a half it's too much. pay attention to your nurses... surpised there haven't been more lawsuits yet.

Other Employee Reviews for Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital

1. "Director Practice Operations"

I have been working at Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am so blessed to work with so many hard working and dedicated employees. Our leadership has its feet on the ground walking the walk with us everyday. A fabulous team environment with opportunity to contribute and be heard on every level.

Cons

If you don't like to be busy, this is n't the place for you. Always busy, always changing.

Advice to Management

Never lose sight of our incredible history. It truly defines us!

2. "Unit clerk"

Former Employee - Unit Clerk in Plattsburgh, NY
    Former Employee - Unit Clerk in Plattsburgh, NY

I worked at Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loved the work, the patients and most of the coworkers. Pay was ok and benefits provided (though not great, better than nothing.)

Cons

Management was cut throats and cliquey and only out for themselves. Not there for their employees when needed. Lots of backstabbing. Will make up reasons to let you go.

Advice to Management

Appreciate and stand up for your employees.