Change Healthcare - Leader in the market with it's products.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Change Healthcare

"Leader in the market with it's products...."

I worked at Change Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company offers many solutions within the Healthcare Industry however this review pertains to the medical document/EDI solutions. The culture is extremely fast-paced and service-driven leading to a sense of fulfillment at the end of the day. Management, for this business segment, have strong roots in the origins of this company and therefore are both very knowledgeable and understanding of the difficulties of the job.

Cons

Senior Management in Corporate often view the aforementioned business segment as the "red headed stepchild" and therefore view the business as a money-maker only with very little perceived regard for the personnel. Pay could be more competitive both within healthcare and outside as responsibilities of even the ground level positions require extensive knowledge of proprietary systems, strong business analysis and critical thinking.

Advice to Management

Management for the immediate business segment is solid. Though I would note that communication could be better, I believe this stems from the Corporate Management teams who often leave their teams "in the dark" when major decisions are made.

Other Employee Reviews for Change Healthcare

"Very political. The room for growth is quickly diminishing."

I have been working at Change Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice enough colleagues. Ok Benefits.

Cons

For the amount of money I am paid (31k a year) I am really stretched to the max. I cannot even begin to tell you how stressful my day to day is and trying to deal with all the different databases and systems to do one simple task is just ridiculous. This is a classic example of one giant company, formed by so many acquisitions, it is basically unrecognizable. I am paid like a salaried high level, client facing person, but I am treated like a peon. When I first began people were moving all around the company to higher positions and they had nice things like appreciation parties and holiday parties, but because we cannot achieve unattainable goals they were taken all away.

Advice to Management

Get it together. The economy is changing and you can't work people to the bone, with little reward and retain quality and motivated staff. Get your systems organized and be realistic with expectations. You're very good at buying companies, but very poor at merging them.

"Lacks accountability"

I worked at Change Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The medical and dental benefits were good.

Cons

No one is held accountable for what they do. Communication to all employees was not good.

Advice to Management

Communication, communication, communication!