Change Healthcare - Emdeon has it's ups and downs, mostly downs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Change Healthcare

"Emdeon has it's ups and downs, mostly downs."

Former Employee - Human Resources in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Human Resources in Nashville, TN

I worked at Change Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best part of Emdeon is the people that work there. Somehow they maintain a familiar feel to each group in spite of all the chaos. Unfortunately their attitudes are being slowly stripped away in favor of do more or you are out of here.

Cons

The hardest parts of working at Emdeon is their management teams and total lack of accountability. As Emdeon gobbles up and tries to assimilate yet another company, the issues from the last one are never addressed creating a never-ending snowball effect of mismanagement and failed leadership struggles.

Advice to Management

Quit protecting your management teams. For every one management level employee that is let go, they let go hundreds of non-management ones. They just don't get it. They somehow seem to think that their management teams are going to be the saviors of the company instead of the amazing people who actually do the work.

Other Employee Reviews for Change Healthcare

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Change Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a great boss who knows the business and takes the time to develop their team. Their door is always open.

Cons

New executive leadership needs to move more quickly to deliver on their promises of new products.

Advice to Management

Be careful not to cut so much that we go past lean and become anorexic with our staffing numbers.

Change Healthcare Response

Sep 15, 2014 – ‎Employee Communications Manager

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear you’ve had a positive experience with your current manager. We are excited about several changes we have implemented recently that will enable us to ... More

"Implementation Analyst"

Former Contractor - Implementation Analyst in Donelson, TN
    Former Contractor - Implementation Analyst in Donelson, TN

I worked at Change Healthcare as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

There was a good training program for the work I was hired to do. The staff employees in this area were willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Cons

The manager of the department was not an open mind person who accept employee for who they were in reference to skill set and abilities. I felt this person limited certain employee based if that person was liked or not.

Advice to Management

The upper level management should be more aware of promoting a person to management, and look at all factors to determine if the person will make a good manager.