Chaos Commerce - Challenging Work, Inclusive Culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Chaos Commerce

"Challenging Work, Inclusive Culture"

I have been working at Chaos Commerce full-time

Pros

A small company where management is always ready to listen to new ideas.
* Lots of room for growth within the company and flexibility with your position.
* Monthly events are a great way to get to know people in other departments.
* Lunches are nice because everyone usually eats together in the break room, instead of leaving the office.
* Work can be challenging, but overall it's a very relaxed environment.

Cons

Not many vacation days. No benefits.

Advice to Management

Perhaps more full staff team meetings so entry-level employees can share their ideas with management.

Other Employee Reviews for Chaos Commerce

"Thanks, but no thanks."

I worked at Chaos Commerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location relatively close to transportation and shops (Dollar store right next door), youthful group, casual dress environment, loved my co-workers, lots of after-hours games and activities and events for staff to "let their hair down" or better yet, "get to know each other", hookups on merchandise, good amount of support and help from within your department, clean spaces, vending machines but also free cereal, PB&J, coffee, water, and condiments.

Cons

Invisible to upper management! Getting (non-paid) Jewish holidays off, but wanting you to work on Christmas and the like. Too many young employees, disconnect between departments, unspoken...awkwardness between Jewish and non-Jewish employees. In order to fake a "family" environment, they force mixers and parties down your throat--God forbid if you're an introvert, or rather, not willing to mix business with pleasure all in the name of "getting to know each other". You want to get to know me? Acknowledge me when I walk past you in the hallway instead of averting your eyes--they almost all do that. But be sure they're talking about you, yep, the same ones who you could have sworn didn't even know you were alive when you wandered into the break room.

Advice to Management

Better training, proper consideration of non-Jewish employees, less gossip. Focus on the ones who can net you RESULTS, not the ones who don't have company "spirit", gimme a break.

"Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Chaos Commerce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entry level customer service is worth the pay.. but inevitably they will try to give you extra heavy responsibility that makes the job hardly worth it, without giving any extra compensation. Be prepared to work on their time, not yours. This means all Jewish holidays are off (there are a lot), while normal holidays are not recognized. For example, we were told Thanksgiving was mandatory for customer service.. and on that day we were let off a little early as a "gift" to us (this was how it was presented anyways). Be prepared to work on Christmas Eve. Also, know that you will not receive the same treatment as those who work in other departments.. there were Jewish holidays when others (even non-Jewish employees) were let off early while CS was obligated to stay. Also, when customer service goes to lunch, all the tables are taken by other departments, leaving customer service to eat at their desks alone during the only substantial break. Basically, customer service is alienated from other departments and asked why they don't blend in with other departments. Mostly, though, be prepared to lie. The products sold are a joke and you'll see the same issues arise again and again. Reps are sent drafts to send to customers to cover up one of the endless mishaps. Provided that you actually want to solve an issue honestly, the other departments within the company are impossible to deal with.. so your left with your hands tied regardless. Overall, I found my time here to be wasteful but at least you get to listen to music and at least you get free coffee/tea.

Cons

You'll find your days to be repetitive with a hint of depression.

Advice to Management

Take more of a REAL interest in your employee's concerns.