Charles River Laboratories - Charles River Labs | Glassdoor

"Charles River Labs"

Current Employee - Research Technician III in Horsham, PA
Current Employee - Research Technician III in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Charles River Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You learn a lot of techniques and you learn them well

Cons

Lots of OT is available..well forced is more like it. Immature, almost like being back at highschool

Other Employee Reviews for Charles River Laboratories

1. "Positive experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I worked at Charles River Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very encouraging and positive environment. Got to know other employees well and felt team spirit. Immeadiate supervisor appreciated my efforts and treatedly me fairly.

Cons

As long as everything is going great, no worries. But when things started to slide, the team disappeared. Felt abandoned at the end.

Advice to Management

Take time to figure why problems are there and work to address them if you value keeping employees.

2. "Charles River: A fulfilling place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Wilmington, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at Charles River Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Charles River is a great company and employer. The management team has created a good foundation for positive results in our field and in the community. The amount of mentoring and guidance I have received allows me to excel in my personal and professional life. There is so much room for advancement. Charles River employees are provided with a healthy and encouraging work environment that I had not experienced until I started working here.

Charles River also provides a valuable service to the community through our research and development. By working for Charles River you feel like you are contributing towards a greater goal of helping people through curing diseases, even if you are not a scientist in one of our many labs around the world.

I feel that Charles River is a rewarding place to work and would highly recommend employment at Charles River to friends, relatives and colleagues.

Cons

I do not feel that there are cons to working at Charles River. As responsible employees we are encouraged to pave a path towards personal and professional growth.

Advice to Management

My advice to the management team would be to continue to help employees strive to be their best. By all of us working towards common goals and objectives we can exceed expectations. I see a bright future for Charles River and appreciate having the chance to contribute towards such a dynamic organization.