Charles Schwab - Good Benefits, pay a little low | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

"Good Benefits, pay a little low"

Former Employee - Registered Representative I in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Registered Representative I in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits (vacation time, sick time, good health benefits), a lot of opportunities in other departments, time off for volunteering, good work life balance

Cons

Pay is a little low. Employee moral was a little low (but it was during the big downturn in the market). Although there is definitely opportunity to move to other departments, most of the moves are lateral. There isn't a lot of room for upward advancement.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on what your employees are feeling...bad morale spreads quickly

Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab

"Horrible Managers and Outdated Pay Grade"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits at Schwab are decent and I worked alongside some very qualified colleagues who worked hard and knowledgeable about the industry.

Cons

The Management there is absolutely awful. The Manager I had in particular seemed to enjoy pitting team members against each other and causing drama within the Department. For the amount of work that we did along with overseeing billions of dollars in assets, the pay was pretty pathetic with little to no chance for moving up within the company.

Advice to Management

The pay grade is very outdated and needs to be addressed. Morale was so low when I left that every one of my colleagues was looking to leave. The technology is extremely outdated and instead of using money to update it, the company seems to just pour more money into the old technology.

"Schwab is Employee and Client Focused"

Current Employee - Vice President, Financial Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Vice President, Financial Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Charles Schwab tries to balance employee needs and desires with client needs and desires in order to have the perfect mix of happy sales people and happy clients using valuable services. For example, employees have tremendous health insurance benefits, great 401k plan that is 100% vested from day one, sabbaticals of 4 weeks after 5 years service, time off for volunteer work, etc. In addition, Schwab tries to provide a balance for all clients from free services to fee based services as well as one on one time with clients, and customizable solutions.

Cons

Sometimes there is too much focus on one area of opportunity or growth and other areas are neglected and/or seized upon by the competition.

Advice to Management

Simplify the compensation plan.