Charles Schwab - TUMULTUOUS | Glassdoor

"TUMULTUOUS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, generous paid time off.

Cons

At Schwab, you will be micro-managed to the inth degree. They don't pay very well either. If you work in the Banking call-center, you will be miserable. I haven't worked there in almost a year and I still have nightmares.

Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab

"Don't Do It. Look Elsewhere."

Current Employee - Managing Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Managing Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very diverse workplace with some exceptional employees. Very client focus driven and most everyone wants to "do the right thing". Great opportunity as there are much work that needs to be tended to right away.

Cons

Sr. level management lacks a clear vision and is in constant change. I found the there to be many who operate in a passive aggressive manner and create a borderline hostile work environment. In my 20+ successful years in the financial services industry, I have never been treated so poorly while working so hard and producing results. Very phony environment.

Advice to Management

People are your greatest asset to run this business. Treat others with respect and learn to effectively collaborate with those who have experience.

"Falling behind from a technology standpoint"

Current Employee - Managing Director, Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Managing Director, Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If your manager allows it, you can work remotely on occasion. Solid values and ethics. Good ability to move around from department to department, provided there are jobs you are interested in open.

Cons

Workforce is stretched too thin. Frequent reorganizations make it hard to know who has ownership/responsibility when issues arise. Technology infrastructure is seriously outdated and results in frequent frustration/loss of productivity for employees. Some groups rarely promote employees and are reluctant to make salary adjustments for long-time employees, resulting in many high performers leaving the firm to obtain a better title/salary.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the employee rewards and recognition programs and find a way to provide meaningful, public recognition for more employees. And work on implementing a social media monitoring program so employees are not blocked from using all sites with a social aspect.