Charles Schwab - Great Company. Employee first, attitude. Fun environment. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

"Great Company. Employee first, attitude. Fun environment."

Current Employee - Operations Associate in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Operations Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced. Fun, never a dull moment. Always learning something new. Paid sabbatical every 5th year!

Cons

Pay is so-so. Can't advance unless you are licensed (to be expected)

Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab

"Very corporate, not innovative, unwillingness to try new things"

Former Contractor - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Senior Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charles Schwab as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. No overtime (not common as a contractor anyway).

Cons

I was brought in as a contractor to help manage part of their online efforts and bring some fresh ideas to the table. My boss seemed very open and willing to implement these ideas, but I was always shot down by my coworker who constantly cited lack of resources and time to implement anything. Many people walk around like frightened birds, worried about the "proper" way to do things. And forget about taking a break while you're working, because all outside email and social media sites are blocked. You'll be spending a lot of time on your smartphone.

Advice to Management

Give employees more resources to innovate; they are too bogged down with plodding through their daily tasks to make drastic changes that would really benefit the organization.

"Not what I expected and dissapointing"

Pros

The employees of the company, outside of HR were great. Most people there like what they do and enjoy working together.

Cons

I worked in one area of HR during my time there. The HR department didn't hold the same standards and values as other areas of the business. It's too bad, good company but not the best department. Can feel like you are stuck in a position with no room for growth. Also, not typical of other areas of the company but definetely the feeling in that department.