Charles Schwab - OK | Glassdoor

"OK"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, good colleagues, decent benefits

Cons

Frequent re-organizations make progress difficult as knowledge is moved around without real regard to success of the company. Lots of politics.

Advice to Management

If you want to be a real broker dealer, you have to start acting like one.

Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab

1. "The company with solid core values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time

Pros

The people at Schwab work together as a team to serve the customers. This extends to the IT organizations as well. The founder's core value and vision are clear to the company. The best perks are the sabbatical and access to complimentary financial planning.

Cons

Over the years, the company decreases the benefits to all the employees but the bar keep going up. They want the best people but don't compensate them with the best salaries or benefits. People are dispensable as the company decided to move another 1000 jobs away from San Francisco, leaving only jobs related to the header quarter in SF. This follows all the other jobs they moved outside of SF a few years ago.

"Great if you drink the Kool-aid...."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits. The company offers a friendly and fun culture as a whole but for me this did not translate into a good working environment. I was constantly put on the spot and made to feel uncomfortable the entire time. Its like working in a fish bowl. The micro management is severe.

Cons

Constant black outs for vacations especially during the holidays and Saturdays. Tax season is horrible. No vacation time allowed from Jan thru April. High turnover. There is not much room to move up in the Indianapolis site unless you want to remain on the phones. You have no say on your schedule. Yes you can bid, however, my options were :basically all the same schedule but at varying times of the day. For example, I could work Sun-Thurs 8-6:30 or 8:30-7 and so on. If I cant work Sun, this is no help! Dont be fooled! Unrealistic expectations for being on the phones. I was afraid to go the bathroom as I knew it would count against my stats. Seriously! If you are loud, obnoxious and have a strong bladder, you will do just fine. However if you are a more reserved person who likes the liberty of not being chained to a desk, run..don't walk away from Schwab. They def have their favorites. You can tell by how the bonuses are paid. Not much room for growth in Indy unless you want to stay in a call center.

Advice to Management

Provide your staff with available time to use earned vacation during the year. More schedule options. Stop putting people on the spot in meetings and forcing them into uncomfortable situations that have nothing to do with the job. I gave up playing games in grade school. I'm an educated adult and am here to work. Stop allowing CSRs to run meetings. Its demeaning to an educated professional to be told what to do by a loud mouth glorified clerk. I expect to hear from my team manager.