Charlotte Russe - Burnt Out | Glassdoor

"Burnt Out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

There is free street parking all around the area because it is not located downtown. The environment is really casual -- from tank tops to shorts and sweats, it's all welcomed. Bonus is standardized and bi-yearly. The discount is amazing if you can find a store close to you.

Cons

The idea of working in fast fashion retail makes you believe that this place would be a wonderland to work in. This company boasts about functioning like a startup that encourages each employee to have a voice. It doesn't tale long to see that no one really cares about your ideas or willingness to do things different. People are very territorial and reluctant to change. It makes the experience hard to bear for too long. Hence, why turnover is pretty high. Many leave burnt out and underpaid.

Advice to Management

There is not enough training and investment into employee development. Also, many of the managers probably have never actually managed anyone before. Leadership should also take training courses. The management should take more time to encourage and recognize talent. Then maybe the turnover would not be so high.

Other Employee Reviews for Charlotte Russe

1. "Pleasant!"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Charlotte Russe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working here because I didn't feel as dispensable as working for some other retail stores. This place was definitely on top of things and they are super friendly. My favorite part of the job was just being back in the fitting rooms.

Cons

They definitely didn't give me enough hours and always had really inconsistent scheduling.

Advice to Management

Should let people know their schedule a week in advance to two weeks or have somewhere we can access schedule online. I don't think that takes that much out of the company budget, but correct me if I'm wrong.

"Not the best, but not the worst..."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Charlotte Russe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved that there wasn't a strict dress code like most stores. I loved the discounts the employees were given! My shifts wouldn't seem like forever because we were always busy. I did make some good friends while working there.

Cons

It was hard to get along with management because they had fake personalities. The hours sucked because we had a large staff. Along with that, the wage sucked ($7.35). I would hate being on register always asking for emails. If I would forget to ask, I would be chastised. I would have to take public transportation, which got me there late sometimes and they weren't really that understanding. Also, management did show favoritism amongst the employees. Sad to say, I would never want to work at Charlotte Russe again.

Advice to Management

None.