Charming Charlie - BUSY | Glassdoor

"BUSY"

Current Employee - General Store Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - General Store Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

good benefits, exciting environment, great opportunities

Cons

not enough support for the field, goals are unattainable with resources given, not enough structure, no accountability, they do not treat all managers fairly

Advice to Management

Listen

Other Employee Reviews for Charming Charlie

"Once in a lifetime retail career opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

I have worked at the corporate office for a year and have been given the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of the fastest growing retailler in the U.S. Management truly has an open door policy and welcomes any and all suggestions on how to establish processs and make changes to make the company even better. The executive team has done a great job promoting a team environment at the corporate office. Their day to day involvement in the business helps promote the team atmosphere and makes employees know their opinions matter and their hard work is appreciated.
    Prior to Charming Charlie I worked at the corporate office for another major US retailer before relocating to Houston. I can honestly say I have learned more in the past year than I have in the previous 10 years of my career. Here at Charming Charlie we are given the ability to do far more than what our job descriptions indicate allowing us a unique opportunity to learn all areas of the business.
    The corporate office team is a diverse group of talented and experienced retail professionals. Our human resources department works tirelessly to recruit the best of the best. It's a privilege to work with such a dedicated group of people. It's a very team oriented and fun environment to work in every day. I realize how fortunate I am to have this once in a lifetime career experience working for an award winning retailer on the rise to even greater success in the years ahead.

Cons

It's a very hard working and fast paced environment so it's easy to forget to take the time to celebrate all of our success.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's working!

"Simply Charmed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

I have been working at Charming Charlie for a few months at the corporate office in Houston, TX and I have to say it is a wonderful place to work. Making the move in my career to Charming Charlie has been a truly positive and rewarding experience.

Being new to Charming Charlie and to Texas, my coworkers took initiative to not only acclimate me to the ways of working for such a fast paced and growing company as Charming Charlie, but also to help me out with embracing and understanding the local culture, to make Houston my home.

Working for Charming Charlie is a positive step in my career path. I have had new challenges and am being exposed to opportunities that would not be available to me at other retailers. In just a few months with this company, I have been able to interact and work side by side with both the President and the CEO on multiple occasions. This is something that had been out of my reach during my career with other retailers.

Management at Charming Charlie is extremely supportive, not only taking time to help me to develop and grow in business, but also understand the importance of work/life balance. Charming Charlie is a great place for a career and making the move here has been my wisest career decision.

Cons

Charming Charlie is fast growing retailer and there is plenty of work to be done, it is helpful that they are starting a more formal training process.

Advice to Management

I hope that management continues to challenge me and help me develop so that I continue to have a positive and rewarding career at Charming Charlie.