Charter Communications - It was wonderful | Glassdoor

"It was wonderful"

Former Employee - Broadband Technician in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Broadband Technician in Louisville, KY

I worked at Charter Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy going environment, lots of benefits

Cons

Not for people who are not people friendly, you need to be patient.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees so they can take care of your customers

Other Employee Reviews for Charter Communications

"A roller coaster of a place to work"

Current Employee - Broadband Technical Advisor I in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Broadband Technical Advisor I in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is not bad. Guaranteed 40hours. May be able to leave early on some days. Awesome coworkers. Fairly decent facilities. Chances to win prizes. Commissions if the payout is good.

Cons

They tend to advance folks that do not know how to do their job. The more incompetent you are you might want to apply for you will be on the fast track to management! Plenty of micromanagement. They do not really seem to care about their employees or their customers. All they care about is sales. Since I have been there in 4years and I am makin about $1 more per hour.

They restructure more than any company I have ever worked for. Dealing with upset customers can be stressful enough, but then dealing with management that has their heads up their asses is even worse. I am seeking employment after I was denied an interview because my supervisor failed to turn in my application because he said I was overqualified for the position. I wonder what that says about my current position.

You WILL experience burn out. When you do no one cares and people will joke with about it because we all do experience it so often.

OFFICE POLITICS AND WHINY BABIES AND TATTLERS THAT GO TO HR FOR NOTHING.

You may experience extreme bouts of depression and loneliness because they like to own your life. They like to do mandatory shift alignments based off of performance only. Seniority means nothing there.

They like to do mandatory overtime sometimes.

Advice to Management

Why don't you try doing our job the way you want us to do it with the stupid policies and procedures you have in place and then mix it up with an ongoing sense of despair knowing you are doomed at this position because management will not give you a chance though you have had a perfect scorecard for a year, 0 occurrences, and have helped coach the people that are now your boss. Rub that in with the fact that someone that does not know their head from their hind quarters gets promoted to be your boss because their nose is the same color as your pretty brown hair. You wonder why people quit and those that have there for years do not respect you.

2. "Great Benefits, Terrible micromanagement"

Former Employee - Dispatcer I in Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Dispatcer I in Maryville, TN

I worked at Charter Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Free Cable Internet, Team environment, Lots of room to advance.

Cons

Too much micromanagement. Need true leadership in Management.