Charter Communications - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

Former Contractor - Software Developer II in Saint Louis, MO
Former Contractor - Software Developer II in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Charter Communications as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

excellent career growth in this company

Cons

can be more work sometimes

Other Employee Reviews for Charter Communications

1. "Good Company to work for"

Pros

Great benefits and good incentives primarily the discounted cable services, If you’re a go getter then it’s a great place to move up in responsibilities and salary.

Cons

Some of the training outside of the BBT and Sales roles have a lack of training.

Advice to Management

Find ways to show the employee base that you care more about them and that you see them as people with families that have something more to there lives then just a job.

2. "Not a bad place to work for"

Former Employee - BBT III in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - BBT III in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Charter Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You work independently, meet some interesting people. The hours are pretty good, take the work truck home, when we need something, co-workers are generally there to help you out - make sure you return the favor - my sup, is pretty decent as well. For on-call, you're paid from the time you leave your driveway, til you pull back in - minimum of two hours.

Cons

The hours and days we work are changing; if you have a family, and want to spend time with them on the weekends and evenings, I would take some time to think about, if this job is for you. Loss of reciprocal accounts, on call not my favorite thing - if you're not called out, its extra money just for being "on-call". Dealing with customers can sometimes be trying, if you're patient with them, then they're pretty appreciative of your time. Menu/Guides are dated.

Advice to Management

Please relay things better when it comes to updates to equipment. Consider updating the guides on the cable box's, they're behind the times with the competitors, they sport apps like, pandora, blockbuster VOD, amazon VOD, ect. Changing of the hours, understandable - you're probably going to loose your most experienced techs with the change.