Charter Schools USA - Personal and Professional Growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Charter Schools USA

"Personal and Professional Growth"

Current Employee - Educator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Educator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Charter Schools USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CSUSA is a resourceful organization that embraces research-based, student centered, best-practices. In many of my interactions, it is evident that students come first. There are numerous opportunities for advancement and leadership. I feel that I am provided with guidance and resources to continue my growth.

Cons

Not everyone is a good fit. Working in this organization requires passion, dedication, a positive attitude, humility, flexibility and professionalism without exceptions. Sometimes people enter the organization without a clear understanding of expectations. Unfortunately, this impacts the organization and our stakeholders negatively.

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out and communicate with those in the schools and departments. Our employees are a wealth of knowledge and intellect and desire to be a part of something huge.

Other Employee Reviews for Charter Schools USA

1. "Great place for kids and educators!"

Current Employee - Educator in Bonita Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Educator in Bonita Springs, FL

I have been working at Charter Schools USA full-time

Pros

Charter Schools USA is dedicated to student success. Because of this the company is also dedicated to providing the educators that it employs with ample professional development opportunities as well as support from the Administrative Team. I am a current educator with this company and hope to be so for many years to come.

Cons

I have no complaints about Charter Schools USA.

2. "Rewarding"

Current Employee - Elementary Teacher in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Elementary Teacher in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Charter Schools USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small learning community with Principal, AP, and Curriculum Resource Teacher to lead school initiatives. Lots of access to student data to help guide lessons, instructional goals and objectives. As a result there is measurable proof to parents about student successes and weaknesses.

Cons

Not enough human resources for below level students which can provide additional teacher support for ELL's and ESE students. No comp time for staying at school events, or informational sessions. Curriculum resources do not always line up with curriculum map. No set science or social studies curriculum with specific goals.

Advice to Management

Each school is different and they cannot all be run the same. Administration and faculty should have more say regarding how to implement lessons to meet the goal. Provide more parent workshops for certain demographics who lack the skill and know how to support their children.