Chartis Insurance Company - Very little growth. | Glassdoor

"Very little growth."

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Chartis Insurance Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is incredible. The company will give you the world if you ask for it. The building is also located in a great location, right on Water Street, with Chelsea Peer and the Brooklyn Bridge just around the corner.

Cons

This is a company with a lot of potential, but I find that the company provides very little appreciation for long working hours and hard work. Given the company is located in downtown NY, many personalities are very difficult to get along with. Almost everyong I've spoken to finds the work to be extremely unrewarding, and the company focuses heavily to find the best talent to provide amongst the most menial work tasks.

Advice to Management

I think the company has made vast improvements over the years, but the culture still needs some work.

Other Employee Reviews for Chartis Insurance Company

"Get (under)paid to go to high school."

Former Employee - Loss Sensitive Analyst in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Former Employee - Loss Sensitive Analyst in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I worked at Chartis Insurance Company full-time

Pros

Gives new college grads corporate work experience, including various types of software and communicating with colleagues at various levels.

Cons

VERY clique-y. A few full grown adults, but the vast majority are very, very clique-y.
    Promotions, raises, etc felt dependent on who you socialized with as much as or more than the work you did.
    It was like getting (under)paid to go to high school.

Advice to Management

Hire adults who are sociable, but want to work...not people who want to re-create their high school glory days.

"Nice Work if you can keep it."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Chartis Insurance Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were great - a feeling of us against upper management

Cons

AIG is a meat grinder according to a CIO i spoke with. The forced ranking system is ultra unfair. you are goup with you "peers" and you boss needs to fight for you to stay out of the bottom 20%. Getting great reviews consistently over the years won't help if they need to lose 20% of their employees because the manager who kicks in more people into the lowest group gets rewarded for saving costs. If you group is currently 'out of style' you've had it. no reassignment.

Advice to Management

submit yourselves to the forced rankings. you are currently exempt.